This project is read-only.

support on several Processor

Jun 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Hi,

1 ) WE have "Processor Information(1,_Total)\% Processor Time" and "Processor Information(1,8)\% Processor Time"  but we get conversion error.

2) Could you please upload sample data to see how it works

Regards,

Asi

Jun 18, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Hi Asi,

I don't use the Processor Information Object. So unless you add it yourself it is not usable.

Instead I use the Processor object. If this object is in the data it will be picked up.

Regards,

Menzo

Jun 19, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Hi Mezo,

I'm getting the error:

"Aformula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references. Verify that your formula contain a valid path, workbookk...."

How do I find this invalid reference ?

Regards,

Asi

Jun 19, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Hi Asi,

Once you imported the data this message will disappear.

Apperently I forgot a few null tests in some fields.

Regards,

Menzo

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Hi Menzo,

Is it possible to send you the perfmon csv file so you could see all errors I get?

Regards,

Asi

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Hi Asi,

You can send the file to menzos@microsoft.com.

Regards,

Menzo

Jun 20, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Hi,

The button "Generate Perform Template" produces xml file.

I have windows 7 Enterprise

How do I use this xml file ?

Where do I put it ?

Regards,

Asi

Jun 20, 2012 at 9:19 AM

You go to the start button and type Perfmon in the box and start up perfmon.

Once you are in perfmon, you go to Data collector sets in the treeview on the left side.

When you click open Data collector sets, there appears an item called User Defined. You right click this item and select new Data Collector set.

In the dialog that appears you select create from template.

In the next dialog you select the browse button and select the xml file that you created with the tool. That's it, now you created a custom collector set with all counters the perfmon workbook needs.

Good luck!

Menzo

Jun 23, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Hi Menzo,

I have looked into your code, very nice and wise  !!!

You pre-defined all functions and at the setup time you give names to the ranges.

I couldn't understand one thing :

'geen instances
                Else
                    If ObjectName = tCounters(l).Object And CounterName = tCounters(l).Name Then

Coud you please explain this if statement.

Regards,

Asi

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Hi Asi,

The comments are still in Dutch which makes it hard to understand if you don't know the language.

The part you refer to is the part for counters that do not have instances. A Processor counter can have more instances. Eg. processor 0 to 7 for a 8-way machine. Other counters, eg the Memory Manager, just have one value. Those counters end up in the piece of code you mentioned.

They end up in the Else if there is no instance known. In the if I compare the countername and the objectname and make a named range out of them.

Regards,

Menzo

Jun 26, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Hi Menzo,

In the Tab "CountersAndNames" I  had counter  Memory > Page Faults/sec marked as FALSE.

But still the column "Memory\Page Faults/sec" got range name.

In the debug I saw, it got it from this if statement.

What is the  logic?

could you please send an example of data csv file , so we could see how much this exel is powerfull

Regards,

Asi

Jun 26, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Hi Asi,

That's right. If you add a counter without instances it will automatically get a named range. You need the named range to visualize the counter in whatever way you want.

The TRUE/False setting is marking the counter for instances. True if the counter has instances, False if it doesn't have instances.

If you put the counter on true, you need to write a bit of code to handle the counter. (Or let me know for that matter.)

Regards,

Menzo

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Hi Menzo,

Thank you for the quick response :-) now I understand.

Regarding the threshholds , in some cases we have constant value in others it is calculated, an most are empty.

could you please explain what is the intention.

Asi